Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Brighter than Sunshine

Since ‘friendship’ day is day after tomorrow, I thought i’ll write a ‘friendship special’ :) Though I don’t really believe in these stupid ‘days’ but nevertheless, I guess it’s a good time to acknowledge those whom you love the most…

So, to begin with, I did tell you earlier how my friends are ‘little tyrants’ of my life and they rule my life completely…I mean it, literally! :p

Being a ‘fauji’ kid, I never got to spend much time at a single place. Every time, as soon as I started adjusting to a new place, a new environment we were posted off (I have literally led a life of a ‘nomad’) and then the cycle began…a new school, first day, new people, different teachers. I hated all of it. Crying for days on hearing the news of another posting, desperately asking mom, “Why can’t we just stay at a single place??” and getting the same answer all the time, “It’s dad’s job, we can’t help it.” Though I loved being in airforce but I hated shifting.

But weirdly, no matter how difficult the transition had been or how much time I took to adjust to the ‘new’ place, I always ended up loving it (though it did make the next posting even more difficult).

I guess this was because of the fact that I was really very lucky, I always ended up finding the best of friends which helped me at everything…adjusting, studying, but most importantly ‘surviving’. I know if I hadn’t met them, surviving in that new place would not have been possible. And after changing ‘nine’ schools in past 17 years of my school life, I have managed to gather loads of AMAZING friends, which I know will be there for me till eternity!

We might not interact that much today or be like we used to be, I don’t deny the fact that the distances did take a toll on our friendship, but they did bring a change in my life and made me the person I am today.

So this friendship day, I have decided, that I am gonna locate all my lost friends and tell them how important they were and still are to me.

And make them realize that our ‘friendship’ is even ‘Brighter than sunshine’!! :)


HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY!!!



"Friendship is like a golden chain, the links are friends so dear. And like a rare and precious jewel, It’s treasured more each year..."


5 comments:

  1. nice!
    n v r alwz gonna b the lil tyrants of ur life WUHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!! hpy frndshp day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow just 1 school less than u!!!..yep this means i changed 8 schools if i remove that play one..

    still as my poems say i stand alone..may be m not a deserving person for IIT,NIT and frndship..lolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. just guess whos this sirkashishya!..

    -rk..hope u get it

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'fcourse i get u rijul...bt cm'on dnt post such depressing comments on a blog named..'sunny side up'..lol :P :P and wat kind of a person are u THAT determines u deserve friendship or not!!
    bt neways a very 'Happy Friendship day' to u! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading your post. Keep 'em coming.

    Happy Friendship Day!

    ReplyDelete